Saturday, August 24, 2013

Repentance is hard, remittance is easy


A guest post by Y. Bloch

Just a brief after-Shabbat report from the Holy Land. While we Ashkenazim are breathing a sigh of relief that we have one more week before Selihot start, our Sephardic brothers are in full penitential mode. Luckily, their greatest living rabbinic star, Maran R. Ovadia Yosef, has a solution.

Send $99.99 to his favorite charity, and he will pray FOR you on both Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur eves! Yes, you will be named as a co-supplicant with Maran!

I exaggerate, of course. By today's exchange rate, 360 shekels would actually be one hundred dollars and thirty-one cents. Still, keep your eyes on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange--the annual salvation of your soul may get cheaper yet.



 Search for more information about segulot at4torah.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Helpful info. Lucky me I discovered your web site by accident, and I'm
shocked why this accident did not came about earlier! I bookmarked
it.

Here is my web blog - aspirateur automatique