Monday, February 11, 2013

Overreaching bit of idiocy of the day

Via Huff Post, I see the Toronto Vaad is still fighting the battles of the 19th century. In response to a book review written by one of their own, the Vaad felt obligated to declare:
"Halacha [Jewish law] rules, unequivocally, that the denial of the godly origin of 'even a single word' in the Torah ... contravenes this principle [of 'Torah Mi Sinai'] and constitutes 'kefiroh baTorah' [heresy]."
Do the fools realize how many Rishonim they just tossed out? What gives a 21st century group of Canadian rabbis the temerity to declare that Ibn Ezra, Radak, Ramah, R' Yom Tov Lipman, R' Yom Tov Elum are all guilty of kfirah?


Search for more information about boldness at4torah.com  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thanks, However I am having problems with your RSS.
I don't know the reason why I am unable to join it. Is there anybody getting the same RSS problems? Anyone who knows the answer can you kindly respond? Thanks!!

my blog post buying a car
Also see my site :: buying a car with bad credit,buy a car with bad credit,how to buy a car with bad credit,buying a car,buy a car,how to buy a car