Monday, December 12, 2011

If its December, it must be time for the Pathetic Annual Telethon

Ok, friends and neighbors, my pathetic annual telethon is on, and it is time to give. If the blog has given you even a moment of entertainment I ask that you support my efforts with a contribution of any size.

As in previous years, every dime I collect will be used to purchase a birthday present for my lovely wife. (Or, as she puts it, "Send more than dimes, you Jews.") Also, as in previous years, there are many convenient ways to make your contribution to the DovBear experience:

Buy my book
War and Peace it isn't. And sure, the spelling isn't as high class as you might like. Still I hold that no better introduction to my views on the parsha is available from Lulu for 20 bucks. Read a review | Buy the book

Buy an ad
Say anything you like. Your ad can be anonymous, self serving, or both. (True fact: A few years ago blogger advertised his blog this way and today you've forgotten all about him -- but only because he closed down his blog. For a time, you knew his name) If you wish to be self-serving, you can use your ad for anything you like: Repeat an endearing GOP slogan, promote your Twitter feed: Whatever. If you wish to keep your gift a secret, don't reveal anything personal in the ad. Payment is processed through Blogads, and they have an air-tight privacy policy. [Same is true of Lulu, the company that sells my book.]. To purchase an ad: Start here 

Use your credit card or Paypal account
 Not hard. Also not anonymous.

Thanks, in advance. 

No comments: