Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The 2012 Republican front-runner insists she knows Africa is a continent

Maureen Dowd:
Here’s Palin defending herself on the contention that she got confused about Africa:

“My concern has been the atrocities there in Darfur and the relevance to me with that issue as we spoke about Africa and some of the countries there that were kind of the people succumbing to the dictators and the corruption of some collapsed governments on the continent, the relevance was Alaska’s investment in Darfur with some of our permanent fund dollars.” And, she concluded, “never, ever did I talk about, well, gee, is it a country or a continent, I just don’t know about this issue.”
Ok! Now, I feel a whole lot better! What a relief to learn that the woman John McCain thought was fit to serve as president is aware that Africa isn't a country. And what a polished speaker she is! My doesn't she have a way of getting her ideas across?!

Incidentally, I think it would be a disaster for America if Palin runs in 2012. The next election should be a referendum on Obama's achievements. If Palin is the candidate it will instead be more swiftboating, snideness, and partisan name-calling. We can do without the demonization Republicans always bring to the table.

No comments: