Monday, November 12, 2007

Dos this mean I won?

GH: What the frum skeptic should do is to look in another place entirely - they should look to religiously inspired personalities who are fully cognizant AND ACCEPTING of modern science, Biblical criticism and all the rest. The biggest chizuk to me are the various Rabbis (and bloggers) that I know, many of whom come from Conservative or even secular backgrounds, who know and accept Science, Archeology, Biblical Criticism and all the rest, and yet still find religion in general, and Orthodox Judaism in particular, to be noble and inspiring, and even 'true' in some sense.

Friends, this might be the concession of the century, if not the millennium, and I accept it graciously. (I hope.) Those of you who joined late, and have no idea what I am talking about, or otherwise fail to appreciate exactly how monumental this is, are going to have to email me, or stay mystified. (It isn't nice to publicly remind a convert of his past errors.)

No comments: