Thursday, July 05, 2007

Holy Words of Chazal? Or Hogwash?

AidelMaidel: The Holy Words of Chazal? Or Jewish Urban Legend?
I'm looking for a source on something and am wondering if it's written somewhere in "Chazal" or if it's just frum urban legend.

I'm trying to find a source in regards to the "inyan" that eating at specific simchas/seudas mitzvahs erases or negates specific accidental aveiros - for example I've "heard" that eating at a chasunah negates the sin of basar v'cholov. Not l'chatchila, just bedieved.

Another such example of this is that for years I've been told that it's well "known" that eating chickpeas at a sholom zachor is supposed to negate the aveira of "emmissions"; nocturnal or accidental. When I posed this question to a chosson teacher he said he'd never heard of it - but I've heard this said for years.

So do any of you know of a source for this inyan? If yes, what are other examples? Have you heard something to this effect in your neck of the woods?


Um. I'm voting "hogwash."

No comments: