Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Erdogan assured support by US Jewish leaders on Armenian question

A new reader has sent me a link to an article which suggests that the bright lights of the Jewish community are engaged in genocide-denial.

I'm sure you can figure out the irony for yourselves. But the larger question is as follows: Is the evidence for the Armenian genocide as iron-clad as the evidence for the Holocaust? I've always assumed it was, but researching this post, I found several articles, all written by Turks, which raise questions. Though I'm still satisfied that an obscene number of Armenians died during the years in question, I can't say how many were slaughtered by Turks, and how many died of natural causes. And I fully realize how terrible it is for me to be asking these questions, given how holocaust deniers ask the same ones, but as of this moment, I don't know what to think.

I'm hoping the new reader who sent me the original link will send me some Simon Wiesenthal-level debunking of the anti-genocide trash I've been reading.