Monday, May 23, 2005

Make the women pay!

OrthoMom, (who can spell like a champ, but dogmatically refuses to use the phrase "begging the question" correctly) directs our attention here.

Delicious highlights of the bar date from hell:
When the BILL(S) came she sobered up fast. I caught a glimpse of hers, 5 drinks plus a little finger food $319.00 I think it was. She looked shocked and sick to her stomache when she saw 2 bills. Guess she thought I was buying. Think again...Her face was beat red and she was speechless. She left the bill on the table and excused herself for the restroom... Sure enough my date was heading out toward the front door. I slowly grabbed my coat as the waitress ran after her. Then security or a bellman grabbed her at the door and a small shouting match ensued. Can you imagine, she was trying to leave - without paying!
I think this should be SOP on all shidduch dates at the Marriot, or wherever kids today hang out. Not the "running out without paying" part. The "separate bills" part.

What, in this day and age, entitles the woman to a freebie?